Thursday, August 26, 2010

Daily Monsterism #6


The Spirit
"The Care Bears Movie" (1987)

Ever notice how all these kids' movies from the Eighties have these genuinely disturbing villains? I remember this one used to freak me out substantially when I was little. Not enough to make me run screaming from the room or cover my eyes, but enough to give me bad dreams. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it's a freaky, bald lady's head in a book, and that might've somehow stirred up my fear of mannequins when I was little (I used to freak out in "Monkey" whenever a demon revealed itself as being a person with a featureless face, and whenever I saw featureless mannequins, they made me think of that, and in turn, whenever I saw a standard mannequin I'd think of those, and the cycle of terror began all over again).

Anyway, it's from the Care Bears Movie. Come to think of it, the villain in the sequel was pretty scary, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment